Due to the confinement we are going through, since March 17 in our country, because of the spread of COVID-19, the cars now remain inactive longer, but still need to be maintained.
It is important to check that the vehicle is in perfect condition during quarantine, which is why experts recommend taking a series of precautions such as:
- Start the car at least twice a week for 10 minutes, so that the internal parts are lubricated.
- Check the filters and increase the pressure of the tires, because the tires deflate faster with the car stopped and this could be dangerous.
- Disconnect the battery because it may be completely exhausted.
- We also cannot lose sight of the air conditioning. This way, we will prevent dirt from building up in the ducts or drying out the system.
- Also, placing a canopy will help to avoid the entrance of external agents and the deterioration of the paint (in case you are in a place without a roof). Experts also recommend, whenever possible, not to put the hand brake so that the brake pads do not stick.